According to the MEDC (Michigan Economic Development Corporation) in little more than one year, Michigan has become the new center of the world’s electric vehicle and advanced battery industry. Michigan’s aggressive efforts mean that 17 of the global industry’s best-practice companies are or will soon be operating here. Their total investment of $5.8 billion, these companies will generate more than 63,000 new jobs in Michigan. No place in the U.S., Canada or Mexico can match Michigan’s growth in this sector. And all this just lays a foundation for Michigan’s next century of automotive leadership
Some landmark companies in Michigan’s new advanced battery industry: You Are Most Welcomed in Huron Township!
• A123 Systems (Livonia, Romulus)
• ALTe LLC (Auburn Hills)
• Azure Dynamics (Oak Park)
• Chrysler Group, LLC (Auburn Hills)
• Dow Kokam (Midland)
• Eaton (Galesburg)
• Ford Motor Company (Sterling Heights)
• fortu Powercell (Muskegon)
• General Motors (Detroit, Brownstown Twp)
• Johnson Controls – Saft (Holland)
• LG Chem/Compact Power Inc. (Holland)
• Magna E-Car Systems (Troy)
• Magna Electronics (Holly)
• Sakti3 (Ann Arbor)
• Techno SemiChem Co (Northville)
• Toda America (Battle Creek)
• Xtreme Power (Wixom)
You Want to Place Your Business in Michigan!
We Are The:
• Nation’s #3 manufacturing state.
• Nation’s 3rd largest engineering graduate population — American Association of Engineering Societies (6,523 in 2006).
• Nation’s 4th largest high-tech workforce — Center for Automotive Research. (2002)
• More than 330 automotive R&D centers in Michigan.
• Michigan is home to a majority of the top automotive Tier 1 suppliers.
• The National Venture Capital Association ranks Michigan #16 in attracting venture capital (2008). Through the Governor’s 21st Century Investment Fund, the MEDC has seeded over $100 million to venture capitalists to do business in Michigan.
• Nine of 10 top automotive OEMs developing Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) and Electric Vehicles (EVs) are in Michigan.
• Home to U.S. Army’s R&D and Engineering Center (TARDEC) and TACOM, focused on effective armaments and munitions for a lean, lethal and survivable workforce.
Whether your business is battery, high tech, manufacturing or a sustainable energy we have space to grow in Huron Township, Michigan. Contact the LDFA https://www.hurontwpldfa.com , email firstname.lastname@example.org or Joan Rattary at the Huron Township offices 734-753-4466 ex. 115.